Saturday, March 28, 2009

Do You believe in God?


From the past few days, I have been getting quite different responses to the question above. Some feign indifference, some get angry, others just stare at me in disbelief.Its not that this question is asked to them directly but whenever Godcomes up in the conversation I have seen an uneasiness that starts showingin many people's behaviour.

Is the present generation so fed up of God that they do not even want to discuss him?Or maybe its the other way round...that is Heis being discussed so much and in so many relative fieldsthat He is suffering from over exposure. Mainly by political leaders and So called Religious flag holdersGod is being exploited in every way possible. They have givena thousand interpretations to His books, His commandments.In such a scenario can we really blame this generation for not having faithin God?


Another reason for this crisis( which some say)is that we do not have enough time for family so who can find time for God.In teenage I really used to wonder how people pray 5 times a day.Where do they find time?But once in adult hood when I finally found my faith, I knew timewas never a constraint. What we love to do...we find time to do.

Also in case I lie all the day, dupe a few people, steal from manyand then go ahead and pray would not make any sense.I can be religious even without praying.Every religion has the same basic commandments:
Do not Lie
Do not Steal
Do not Sin

Problem with the current world, they have forgotten these mainpoints but are ready with the interpretations of all the others.I can't help remembering of my grand mother whenever I think of religionbecause she was the one who instilled religion in me.She used to explain all nature's wonders that how God had created them and we children used to listen wide-eyed.A child has a faith in the unknown...and that is lost in the years that follow.

I believe God exists...and I believe He watches over me.
When I am happy He sends someone I can share it with.
When I am sad He makes someone listen to me.
When I am alone He makes a friend call me and
When I need Him, I can pray in any way...I know He Listens.

1 comment:

  1. Too good. Hope the future generations could understand the concept as well.

    ReplyDelete